Wednesday 5 April 2017

It Was Bugging Me

Back again. Who'd have thunk? Two in two days. But I kind of got the Frunky bug.

Plus... Having posted, I went and looked at everyone else's Diva challenge responses for this week. Wow, there are some talented people out there. But... having looked at Katharina's whole post for Frunky, instead of just the step-outs, I realised that my little effort was very similar to something she had done. Maybe I half saw it when I visited her page in the first place and was subconsciously channelling. I don't know. But it did make me feel uncomfortable. So I went through the other Frunky tiles I had drawn (I said I'd got the bug) and decided to share another one that's a bit less similar.

On a Bijou tile, so signed with the little Tangle Bug instead of my usual monogram. I love these little tiles. There is no room for faffing around. Straight down to business and get it done. Although, having said this, I now have a 0.05 micron and am itching to miniaturise. Anyway...

Diva challenge #310, Frunky, Flux, Megan Hitchens, black ink and graphite, 2017.
Better? or too figurative now? Sigh.

And in keeping with trying to keep to a plan, I did another challenge from the Diva archive - #198, which, incidentally, is also challenge #1, right back at the beginning. Simplify. So, on a Bijou tile, because it is small, in a circle string, because that is, let's face it, one line, a single tangle, Nzeppel. Shading is simple too. Not thrilled, but not unhappy either.

Diva Challenge #1 and #198, Nzeppel, Megan Hitchens, black ink and graphite, 2017

No fussiness, no thinking, no fear, just done. Simple.

7 comments:

  1. Not figurative, but sweet. And even if it were so: so what! You're back on track with your final line. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two cute Bijou tiles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your Frunky li'l Bijou;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you to you all. Aren't Bijou tiles a great idea? It makes us keep it simple :)

    ReplyDelete