Tuesday 2 May 2017

Couch Potatoes

I can't believe I am actually posting on the same day the Diva Challenge was issued. It's been quite a disrupted week, with school holidays not ending till Wednesday and then both kids being off sick Friday and off again today. Which means I have been able to get some drawing done amidst all the boring things, like washing and cooking. They both seem to like snuggling on the lounge with me while I beetle away with the pens and pencils. Plenty of Goons or Goodies because, let's face it, laughter is the best medicine. Or at least good for taking the mind off things.

Scallamp is an interesting tangle. I overdid the decorations, something more plain may manifest tonight, with more chances to play with shading. We shall see.

Diva 314, Scallamps, Printemps

The week also gave me a chance to work on archived Challenges. I found the tile I actually did for #189, before I was brave enough to post anything. Yuma, which is now a regular part of the repertoire.

Diva 189, Yuma

I've had a lot of fun with others, but I think to finish up I'll go with Challenge #305, using Marasu and Molygon. I use Marasu a lot, but Molygon bamboozles me a little. It requires some concentration to keep track of where the next little crescent goes. So this was good practice.

Diva 305, Molygon, Marasu (spot the curve where the cat jumped on my lap. Sigh)

There are plenty more with that came from, but I'll save them for another time. 

19 comments:

  1. Your red Printemps look sweet behind Scallamps!
    The other two tiles look lovely too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your work, both past and present. It's funny, I like Yuma when I see it but I don't like using it. And I know just what you mean about Molygon. However, it is worth the effort in the end, isn't it? As for the Diva tile, I don't think it's too detailed or fussy at all, it has an Edwardian style to it somehow and i like it just the way it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that tower of Scallamps with the colored Printemps. Not overdone at all, just more textured.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous work! I love your "Scallamps". The detail and shading is really remarkable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the depth of the Scallamps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this Scallamps tile! Hope everyone is better by now :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone all better (fingers, toes and eyes crossed, anyway). Thank you.

      Delete
  7. Thank you everyone for your kind comments :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it! Great job! Thanks for trying my tangle out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a really interesting pattern. Thank you for sharing it with us all.

      Delete
  9. The texture makes Scallamp complete different. It looks like it got a winter coat to keep warm. Consider this a huge compliment!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't think you overdid the decorations at all. Lovely

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful tiles! Love them all! My favorite is your Diva's tile!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like the negative space and composition of your Scallamps! Nice choice of colour enhancement too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Negative space is a challenge for me, so thank you your comment. :)

      Delete
  13. Love the movement your Scallamps has.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooh - I don't think you overdid the decoration on Scallamps at all, it looks great! Lovely work. Glad the little ones are better. Good choice of TV! Axxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVE what you did with Scallamp!

    ReplyDelete